Wednesday 9 May 2012

Please don't take advantage!


Dear fellow cabbies,
Please don't take advantage!
No matter whether is passenger or fellow cabbies.

Why I say this, because I met one that try to take advantage of me today.
Today, I got to go Loyang to help collect the cab for my hirer.
As its quite rush, I decided to take a cab.
So I managed to flag down a Comfort cab, SHC29xx.
When I boarded, I told taxi uncle to go Loyang Comfort.
I also said to go by expressway.

From where I boarded the cab, about 300m infront on the right is the entrance to ECP.
But he kept left with the intention to turn left to PIE.
PIE is more than a 2km and 8 traffic lights away.

So when stopped at the junction (cos traffic turn red).
I told him at that junction to go by ECP, not PIE.
So I told him to turn by the next entrance to ECP further up, about 500m ahead.
Than he passed that entrance again.

I got pissed, and asked him why he didn't turn.
He said the turning point is further up.
He didn't know there is a turning point there.

Before anyone start saying he is a new driver.
Well, he is in his 60s.
So he is properly in this line for quite some time.

So I told him that I am a new cabby.
And I heard enough of their tactics.
So don't try bluff me.
Even on the way there, he also try to act blur about the way there.

When I alight, I told him that black sheep like him give all honest cabbies a bad name.
After I start driving taxi, this is the 1st time I meet a bad one.









2 comments:

  1. You could just start a chat with him at the beginning of the trip and let him know that you are also a TD, a experienced one. It is unlikely that he will try to take advantage of you. Btw, if he drive a CDG, he is just counting his days till he meet his match in a nasty pax .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, but you know that some are really black sheep.
      They will try to makan you if they can.

      Delete