Friday 4 May 2012

Are Comfort Delgro cabbies allowed to refuse pickup for passengers who pay by NETS?



STOMPer Sara wrote:

"At about 11.13pm on May 1st 2012, I was rejected by two Comfort Delgro taxis at White Sands Shopping Centre taxi stand as I wanted to pay by Nets.

"The first taxi (SH 9878H), driven by a chinese male, actually spoke to me in Mandarin saying that he does not accept Nets payment. For your information, I do not look like a chinese - I am a Singaporean malay lady and there is not one part of me that looks chinese.

"The latter (SHC 3134S), driven by a malay male, also rejected my request in Malay when I informed him that I wish to pay by Nets. He then asked me where my destination was and when I informed him that it was Jurong West, he actually paused for a moment and rejected me again.

"If I was not rushing for time to head towards my destination, I would not take a cab -- why waste close to forty dollars when the MRT was still available?

"Lucky for me, a Transcab (SHD 0167L) was next in line.

"From what was explained to me later on by the cab driver, all transactions that took place before 10.00pm will be credited into the cab driver's account the day after.

"Could this be a reason as to why I was rejected by the two Comfort taxi drivers? Is it because the amount will only be credited two days later as it was already after 10.00pm?

"Please do not give me reasons such as 'they are heading home', 'they prefer to go somewhere at the east area' or that the 'Nets machine was down'.

"If the Nets machine is down, then why didn't the cab drivers tell me that? Why, then, does Transcab accepts Nets?

"Comfort Delgro has always been my first choice whenever I make a taxi booking or when I hail a taxi.

"All I can say now is that I am truly disappointed with Comfort Delgro.

"I am disappointed in the drivers and with the company that these drivers represent.

"I do believe that Comfort Delgro owe me an explanation."


PS:
Few black sheep don't mean all are the same.
There always be good and bad in any part of the woe!




4 comments:

  1. These two TD could be night relief and really need cash, instead of cashless. They might by living on their daily income on cash day-by-day. The cashless from CDG might only be transfer on the 2nd May evening. My 2cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To add-on, relief pay hirer cash and pay the cdg diesel station cash too.

      Delete