Tuesday 15 May 2012

Are cabbies forcing passengers to make bookings just for the extra charge?



STOMPer Tarabas is disappointed with our taxi services. He often waits long periods for taxis, and claims that this is because many taxi drivers only respond to bookings and not passengers who flag cabs.

Said Tarabas:

"Time and again, I have faced this situation.

"I get frustrating waits for taxis on weekday nights, mid afternoons or mornings.

"I have long given up complaining as I do not see anything done after each complaint.

"There are taxis choosing destinations or refusing to stop, especially at night.

"I mentioned giving up complaining, so why am I writing this?

"I was waiting at the taxi stand near Mustafa on Saturday, at around 5.30pm.

"An elderly Caucasian tourist asked me why are taxis are so hard to come by, and why taxis with "Call Waiting" signs are waiting so long in front of taxi stands without any passengers.

"You do not need me to explain why if you are a Singaporean.

"These drivers are just taking advantage of desperate passengers and think that they can make more money by waiting for a booking.

"If nothing changes, I am afraid tourists here will spread the word all over the world about the standards of taxi services here."


PS:
I agreed that some cabbies do only booking jobs.
But some cabbies are not even keen on booking jobs.
So STOMPer Tarabas is wrong to blame all cabbies.
Maybe he think he is the only one waiting for taxi.
Or he think there is no such thing as traffic lights, jams, breakdown etc?





No comments:

Post a Comment