Wednesday 28 March 2012

$1,210 taxi fare?


STOMPer confusedpassenger took a taxi at midnight and opted to pay by NETS. However, the receipt issued showed a total amount of $1210.78 and stated the trip ended in the year 2052.

Said the STOMPer:

"This is the most expensive taxi receipt I've seen.

"I took a cab on March 14, around midnight, from Bugis to Marine Terrace.

"The ride lasted for about an hour, and the actual fare on the meter was about $47.

"However, when I chose to pay by NETS, the receipt issued showed a total of $1210.78, and had many things I had never seen before, like discount and so many surcharges.

"In the end, the cabby asked me to withdraw money from a nearby ATM and pay by cash as the machine was faulty.

"This is the first time I've seen something like this."


PS:
Nets machine gone bonkers.
But Bugis to Marine Terrace after midnight also don't cost $47.
The most is pay $20...still got change.
So something is wrong.....

No comments:

Post a Comment