Tuesday 24 April 2012

Honest cabbies

Grateful to a taxi driver
Letter from Andrew James Ong Wooi-Min

I wish to thank Mr Chong, cab driver of SHA320B, for returning to my residence with my mobile phone, which I left in his cab recently.

We have all heard of the misery of people who have lost or misplaced their mobile phones and how the "finder" would instantly switch off the phone.

I have been spared what would have been a horrendous time trying to recover the contents stored in my phone, which would have rendered me helpless for weeks, if not months.

I am immensely heartened by Mr Chong's response, and I know that many other cab drivers would have done the same.

His conduct has reminded me that there are many kind people who would take the trouble to do what is right.

I hope we can someday become a nation of kind-hearted people, where everyone would return to rightful owners what belongs to them. "What is not mine, I shall not covet" is a good mantra to start.

Once again, thank you, Mr Chong.



A word of thanks to a cabby
Letter from Joseph Chan

At about 8.45am on Sunday, I took a ComfortDelGro taxi and, unfortunately, dropped my mobile phone of no value in the cab. I managed to contact the driver by calling my phone.

He was in Woodlands and kept in touch constantly, advising me not to worry and promising to return my belongings when he is next in the surrounding area of my home in Jalan Rumah Tinggi.

At about 1.40pm, he returned my phone and some coins to me in front of my block with a smile.

Thank you and I wish you all the best.



PS:
Some more good news for cabbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment