Tuesday 10 July 2012

US$15


How many cabbies will be willing to accept US$ for payment?
I usually don't, but this was the only time I did.
That day, I was at Pasir Panjang.
I was going to Chin Swee Road to meet cabbies friend for kopi.
As I passed by Haw Par Villa, 2 tourists flag for cab.
I asked where they were going.
They said Chinatown.
This is within the area I am going.
St the end of the journey, the fare was $8.
But they paid US$15.
I decided to accept it.
Why?
Cos I was going that area anyway.
And also they were nice people too.
Cos we chatted along the way.
They were from Germany, on transit by ship.
And they got no S$ with they.
And the US$ were real.
That day was one of my luckiest cab driving day too.

2 comments:

  1. Great luck Mr. AhTanlor. It's nice when we meet someone and really liked them. Sometimes emotions and humanity matters more than money.

    oracle ebs

    ReplyDelete