Sunday 3 June 2012

Merc cabby takes passenger on a 'joy ride' that costs $10 more and is 10km longer



Be careful and alert when you take a taxi, advises STOMPer Caleb, who was taken for a 'joy ride' on a Mercedes cab that was 10km longer and cost $10 more than it should.

Said Caleb:

"Some taxi drivers will take you on a joy ride if you are not alert.

"I boarded a Merc cab on May 29 back to camp for my reservice in the west area. "I was disturbed that he took the wrong way.

"I confirmed with him after he turned into the CTE and he confirmed the location that I was going.

"A journey that took about 20 plus kilometres became 30 plus kilometres.

"I really do not understand why he took the long way when he could have taken a shorter way.

"The receipts are what I gathered from taking cabs to and fro my camp during my ICT for you to judge for yourself.

"Streetdirectory.com shows only 21.9km from Bukit Merah View to Choa Chu Kang Way but I wonder how he can clock up to almost 36km for the ride.

"Just be careful when you are on the cab and see the vehicle going in another direction."



PS:
When taking taxi, passengers should be more alert.
If discover the wrong half way, you should ask him if he knows the route.
Maybe its a honest mistake.
If not, just pay him what you usually pay.
So passengers, the best is you tell cabby the way you want to use, if you know.
It will save alot of headaches.






No comments:

Post a Comment