Friday 8 June 2012

Cabbies, please don't smoke in your vehicles



STOMPer XYK feels that taxi drivers should not smoke in their cabs as the smell of cigarette smoke is overbearing and lingers on his clothes when he meets his clients.

The STOMPer wrote:

"As a smoker myself, I'd like to say first that I understand the smell of cigarette smoke irritates most non-smokers and I do try to stay away from them.

"However, in recent times, taxis are hard to flag at certain times of the day and even when you try to book a taxi, they are often not available. In saying so, I just have to take whatever that comes.

"In recent weeks, I have boarded SMRT and Comfort taxis that reek of cigarette smoke. Even as a smoker, the smell of stale smoke in a confined air con space is over bearing and it lingers on my clothes when I go out to see clients. I normally don't smoke when I see my clients.

"Perhaps taxi drivers should smoke somewhere else and not in their cab."


PS:
Well, its true about the smell.
When a heavy smoker enter a air-con vehicle or room, you will smell it.









No comments:

Post a Comment